Sunnybrook Research Institute
Core Facility Manager – High Content Cellular Analysis
Toronto, ON, CA
Sunnybrook Research Institute (fully affiliated with the University of Toronto) has an opening for a full-time, Facility Manager in the High Content Cellular Analysis (HiCCA) facility to manage all operations and services.
- Interface with Principle Investigators to assist in project demands
- Provision of assay automation and data acquisition services for SRI staff and external customers
- Prepare and present reports on high content and high throughput screens for SRI staff and external customers
- Teach and troubleshoot high content imaging and high throughput screening applications and assist in experimental design
- Remain up-to-date on laboratory automation and microscopic technologies, as well as conduct information teaching sessions on these technologies
- Prepare, maintain and report on facility budgets while strictly adhering to financial requirements as outlined by Sunnybrook Research Institute - Research Finance team
- Monitor instrument performance tests while ensuring reliable, reproducible performance
- Oversee maintenance and repairs of instrumentation
- Maintain stocks and consumable supplies
- Manage user accounts
- Create, update and maintain standard operating procedures for the facility
Skills and Qualifications:
- A post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline is preferred
- Candidates with a BSc and equivalent experience will also be considered
- Prior experience in microscopy, image analysis and laboratory automation with diverse scientific interests; knowledge in "biophysics" is preferred
- Excellent record keeping and the ability to perform contract research for collaborations with pharmaceutical and biotech companies
- Outstanding skills in managing inter-personal interactions
- Must be able to work as part of a team and lead activities within a core facility.
- Position will require equipment evaluation, maintenance and ordering.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented (The ideal candidate will be able to work in a team with minimal supervision)
- Strong organizational capabilities and ability to coordinate multiple projects, perform concurrent tasks, and work under pressure.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience using automated liquid handlers, other laboratory automation and image analysis techniques
- Experience with quantitative fluorescence spectroscopy (polarization, FRET, TR-FRET), fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry and other biophysical techniques are strong assets.
- Experience with laboratory methods (such as protein purification, enzyme assays), molecular biology skills (including plasmid DNA preparation, PCR, protein expression and purification) are assets.
|Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter (brief description of research experience and interests) and CV to: Jessica Tai Jessica.email@example.com
Email: (with "HiCCA Manager" in the subject line”).
We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Research Institute is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Research Institute is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Job postings: Sunnybrook Research Institute
Apply for position